From the pros to the local club team, the physical therapists of Agapé Physical Therapy work with athletes at all levels of competition to keep them in the game. Agapé’s staff are certified healthcare professionals who understand the complexities of high-level rehabilitation and are experts in preventing, evaluating, diagnosing, treating and rehabilitating injuries.
Athletes are often the best candidates for this form of rehab however non-athletes have also benefited from this unique approach that uses dynamic functional training exercises combined with progressive hands-on mobilization, stretching and strengthening techniques.
Sports Rehabilitation allows the athlete to regain normal pain free mobility, reducing recover time which is vital for athletes who need to return to play as soon as allowable.
• Dan’s directions are clear. I almost always know what he wants me to do. When I don’t, he is aware of that and tells me in another way.
• Dan explains the impact on my body of what he asks me to do. I don’t remember anyone doing that before. His explanations help me understand what we are doing and that helps me follow his directions.
• Dan has a subtle but effective way of correcting me. What seems like an off-hand comment as he walks by reminds me what I should be doing. I don’t feel like I have been told I am doing something wrong.
• Dan is concerned that I feel successful. He will modify something he has asked me to do, explaining what to do when I feel I am being pushed too far. That is valuable when I am doing exercises at home. I know how to adjust what I am doing depending on how I feel (see the second bullet).
• Nice guy. I enjoy coming in to see him.
• Agape. The atmosphere is relaxed but professional. And respectful of the clients.
• I enjoy the Virtual Reality Treadmill and will miss the fun when I am discharged.